Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Pin It
Do you remember when you were a kid, your mom made you a grilled cheese sandwich after a crummy day at school? If you do, good for you. I sure don't. My mom has never made a grilled cheese sandwich in her life. I've never made one before myself. It's just not a part of my family's culinary tradition. But when it's cold, windy and Tax Day, I too crave a hearty grilled cheese sandwich.

To give this classic a grown-up makeover, I ditch the Kraft singles in favor of Fontina cheese. I also put a couple of tomato slices and a few tarragon leaves on top. To round out the flavors, I drizzle some honey over the melted Fontina cheese as well. The result is a combination of flavors that is sophisticated and surprising at the same time. For me, it really hits the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment