Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dr. Praeger's All American Burger

Pin It

Finally, a veggie burger review that I'm more than happy to share! Dr. Praeger's All American Burger is probably -- no, definitely -- the best veggie burger that I've tasted. I got these on sale at Whole Foods one day. Without knowing anything about it, I thought I'd give it a try, you know, as "research" for this blog feature.

I made a grilled patty melt with Dr. Praeger's All American Burger and some soy cheese. You can see that the patties are thick and the texture is dense. I grilled these and they did not fall apart on me. Unlike many veggie burgers, the instructions ask that you heat up these frozen patties in a pan, not in a microwave. However, we did nuke them once and they turned out fine.

It's tasty and has a texture that's very very similar to slightly dry beef patties. I think with enough condiments and cheese, you may be able to fool some meat eaters into thinking that they're eating beef patties that are a bit overcooked. The taste is meaty with no trace of soy flavor -- always a bonus. 

You can find these veggie burgers and nutritional information here.

Taste: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Texture: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars

In A Nut Shell: This is one of the best veggie burgers on the market. Consider adding this to your barbeque next time as a meat alternative and see if anyone even notices the switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment