Friday, September 3, 2010

Tamales with Calabacitas

Pin It

I'm not exactly sure why, but I love to stuff stuff into stuff. Don't believe me? Look here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here aaaaand finally here. That's not even counting all the sandwiches that I made. I also like to make portable handheld food devices, so they go where I go and I can eat them whenever I please. The logical next step, of course, is tamales -- the ultimate portable handheld stuff in stuff... er, stuff. For my first time making (vegan) tamales, these are pretty good!! I do need to practice wrapping them tightly so they don't fall apart on me.


The filling is made with calabacitas, also known as Mexican summer squash or Mexican zucchini. VB has suggested that next time, we fill the tamales with soyrizo. I also want to add some cheese into the mix. Cheeeessseee......

No comments:

Post a Comment