Monday, September 20, 2010

Rodeo Burger + Eating Right Soy Protein Burger

Pin It

I have to admit that working 8 hours a day plus a 3+ hour commute doesn't leave me a ton of sleep or time to cook. There are days that I can't muster enough energy to make dinner. It's at then that I'm thankful for a freezer full of veggie burgers. VB likes to jazz his burger up in the fashion of Burger King's famous Rodeo Burger by adding onion rings and barbeque sauce. It is definitely a tasty combination.


This brings me to the next installment of product review, where I eat fake meat and tell you if it resembles the real deal. Today, we have Eating Right Soy Protein Burger. This has to be one of the most disgusting veggie burgers that I've ever eaten. The texture is that of wet saw dust -- grainy and tough. Worse yet, it also tastes like wet saw dust but with a very strong soy flavor that even the cheese, onion rings and barbeque sauce cannot mask. Overall, not much to write home about except just to AVOID it. Just say no. Don't do it. You're better off eating that moldy apple in the fridge. Or a stick of butter with some hot sauce. Or mix some pickles with mayonnaise. Really, just about anything is better than this.

Texture: 1 out of 5 stars
Taste: 1 out of 5 stars (I'm feeling charitable today)
Overall: 1 out of 5 stars

In A Nut Shell: If you lost your taste buds in some tragic accident, then this is the veggie burger for you.

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with your assessment of the Eating Right Soy Protein Burgers. I wish I had seen your review before purchasing these. These are ABSOLUTELY REVOLTING. My batch had a plastic smell after cooking. I can't believe these are even on the market. I tried giving a bit to my dog (who eats everything) and she promptly vomited the portion up on the floor. The Eating Right Soy Protein Burgers are NOT fit for human consumption. STAY AWAY from these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a DOG vomited upon ingesting it, it must be BAD. AVOID!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree. And if one happens to make the mistake of eating 2 of them, one will ingest slightly OVER A THIRD of you daily value of sodium. No wonder it also tastes way too salty.

    ReplyDelete