Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mini Farm House Veggie Burger

Pin It Recently I ran into a college friend while riding the train. It was surreal since we haven't seen each other in close to ten years and we've not managed to meet up even though we have both lived in the Bay Area for years. It was great to see her. It turns out she likes food competition shows as much as I do and hates Sandra Lee as much as I do.

I wonder how she feels about the new show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate." In some ways, it's just a vehicle to showcase Food Network regulars' best (fake?) food-gasm faces with all that wooing, ahhing, sighing and gasping. I mean, really, the food can't be that good.

Or can it?


I made this farm house burger featured in the Burgers episode. I have to admit, it looks pretty darn tasty. The patty is made of eggplant, bread crumbs, soy cheddar, scallions, parsley and garlic. Then I topped it with a slice of soy cheddar, tomato and baby greens.

I do have to say it's pretty delicious. But is it so awesome that I close my eyes, lick my lips, and drool a little just thinking about it? Probably not. I thought the patty was dry and a bit crumbly.

It's dinner worthy, but not food-gasm worthy. I'm not even going to bother faking it.

You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment