Thursday, July 14, 2011

Shredded Daikon Cake (蘿蔔絲餅)

Pin It We usually eat at home on weekdays and head out on weekends. Over the past weekend, we both had cravings for some Chinese food, but didn't end up going to a Chinese restaurant. So I promised VB that we'd have Chinese food at home this week. This is just a long explanation of the sudden Chinese food kick that we're on.

Here we have another dim sum classic -- shredded daikon cake. I'm not super happy with the filling or maybe I just under-seasoned, in any event, I'm not going to post a recipe now. But I can post some pictures!

Filling inside the dough. So far so good.
It's a bun now....
It's a pancake later.
Nice and crispy after some light pan-frying.
Shredded daikon cake being consumed.
Raisin says: "I think you forgot the meat."

No comments:

Post a Comment