Friday, March 19, 2010

Green Soup

Pin It
It's been warm here in the Bay Area for the last few days. I think I can safely say, spring is here. I want to celebrate, but I soon remembered that I am allergic to spring. Now I have to add daily doses of antihistamine and decongestant to my diet. I know, it's not the worst problem that one can have. At least I'm not allergic to food.

Speaking of spring, St. Patrick's day is upon us. I didn't have St. Patrick's day in mind when I made the soup, but it's a nice little coincidence. This recipe is from the New Laurel's Kitchen. I'm not going to post it here, but I will say that this creamy soup consists of split peas and zucchini with wilted spinach and parsley. It is smooth and velvety with complex yet refreshing flavors. It is also healthy for the dieters out there -- low in fat and calories, but has the necessary proteins and nutrients. It's the perfect soup for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment