Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beet Risotto with Kale

Pin It
Recently, I haven't been able to update the blog as often as I like. I've been clocking in at a temp job in the city during the day, but I can assure you that I think about food all the time. Another project at home has also been keeping us busy. It's a secret... for now, but hopefully we'll have a grand reveal soon.

I have been cooking a little bit here and there. As much as VB wants to, we can't order pizza every day. A couple of days ago, I made this devilish looking beet risotto with kale. I really like beets and wanted to put them in something other than salads. The result is this flavorful and visually stunning dish that is sweet and refreshing.

The recipe is from Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. Initially I had doubts about this dish, but I've never tried a recipe from that book that I wouldn't make over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment