Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Pin It
Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite. My college roommate used to make these while I watched and drooled. I even made her send me a batch from Canada in exchange for bags of Chex Mix Bold Party flavor. Eventually, I got her to send me the recipe so I can make them myself.
  • 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 cup of quick oats (not instant)
  • 1 cup of brown sugar, lightly packed
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1 cup of salted butter (2 sticks), softened
  • 2 tablespoons of honey
  • 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups or 8 ounces of raisins
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg (optional)
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and oats together in a bowl. Mix well and set aside. Cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar together using an electric stand mixer. Add honey, vanilla extract, eggs and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture and raisins and mix until just combined. Bake in 300 degree oven for 22-24 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.

The resulting cookies are chewy and moist. The cinnamon and nutmeg add just a hint of flavor without being overpowering. I ate 3 cookies during the course of writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment