Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Caramelized Bread Pudding

Pin It
I bought a loaf of brioche that was dry and a little stale. Life gives me dry brioche, I make bread pudding! I have tried at least 4 different bread pudding recipes. This one definitely has more custard than the others. I think the key is to layer the bread so that there's enough space for the egg mixture in between the bread pieces. It is gooey, chocolate-y, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I have more adjectives to describe it, but I have to go eat now.


Bread pudding recipe can be found here. I served it with a little powdered sugar on top and freshly whipped cream on the side. I think it may be even better a la mode.

1 comment:

  1. miiiiiiine...(reaching out for bread pudding while clutching heart in attempt to keep arteries from bursting)

    ReplyDelete