Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Madness

Pin It

If you follow this blog (which I know only about 3 of you do. The rest of you just stumble in from time to time.), you know that we eat pretty healthy (healthfully?) around here. I try my best to avoid fatty things like cheese and butter and you know we don't eat meat around here (most days for me anyways). But, once a while, we throw all rules out the window for the occasional indulgence. And that occasion happens to be THE SUPER BOWL.

I happen to watch (and love) football. But the Super Bowl, for me, is not really about football. It's about food. A couple of years ago, we cooked enough food for 6 but invited no one over for the Super Bowl. This year, we still made too much food and... decided not to share with anyone.

So, we had:

Homemade hummus with toasted pita and baby carrots.
Nachos with a side of salsa, guacamole and Tofutti sour cream.
You can hardly tell, but these are hand-cut steak fries covered in Imagine mushroom gravy and soy cheddar, fancily known as "poutine."
Tofu balls from Tofu Yu with gyoza dipping sauce.
Field Roast Frankfurters with Smart Veggie Bacon, to be topped with freshly made (not by me) saurkraut and mustard.
Last but not least, jalapeno poppers and Kim & Scott's Pizza Pretzels.
 Looking at these pictures gave me food coma...

No comments:

Post a Comment