Monday, August 23, 2010

Healthy Blueberry Muffins

Pin It

We eat a lot around here. But you hardly ever see desserts or sweets being featured on this blog. VB and I generally have different approaches when it comes to desserts. I always want to do it up, Paula Deen and this is why you're fat style. Bring on the butter, eggs, chocolate and ice cream! But VB wants to keep things light. You know, for his girlish figure. So we're often at an impasse and just skip dessert altogether.

But I couldn't resist making blueberry muffins given the abundance of cheap and sweet blueberries. In order to entice VB, I made these super healthy blueberry muffins. These muffins are light and moist -- just sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and healthy enough to keep VB happy. I think it turned out to be a great little compromise.

You can find the recipe for these blueberry muffins here. My only modification to the recipe was substituting unsweetened soy milk for nonfat milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment