Friday, February 5, 2010

Lemon Bars

Pin It
VB: What are we having for dessert on Super Bowl Sunday?

CG: Well, what would you like?

VB: Lemon bars.

CG: Lemon bars?

VB: It's my favorite.

CG: I didn't know that.

VB: Everyone knows that lemon bars and cherry pies are my favorite desserts.

CG: Everyone who?

VB: Jen knows. She baked those lemon bars at her housewarming party just for me.

CG: Honey, I don't think Jen made those just for you.

VB: No?

CG: Um, no...

Well, now he can't say that I never make his favorite dessert. These are from Joy of Baking and they're relatively healthy -- only one stick of butter and two eggs. I used the lemons picked from my aunt's dwarf lemon tree, so these are fragrant and flavorful. You can find the recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. Party pooper. Just let the boy have his moment!!
    ~P

    ReplyDelete